Dog grooming near me is a part of life that every dog owner has to deal with. It’s one of those necessary things you have no choice but to do, whether your dog is long-haired or short-haired. If you can’t take them to the groomer often, or if you want a fresh cut every once in a while for yourself, it’s good to know how to keep up on the basic grooming skills so that your dog always looks sharp! Here are some tips for simple Pet groomers Miami services and common issues:
1) Always use a comb. This removes loose hair and keeps their coat shiny and healthy looking. Furry coats are prone to mats and tangles, so comb them out every few days to ensure they stay neat.
2) Use a brush. Every time, you need to use a stiff nylon or horsehair brush. This will help remove debris like dead skin, soil, and grass clippings.
3) Use scissors to clip their nails short. This will help to keep the nails from splitting and breaking.
4) Groom their ears regularly by Pet groomers Miami. Dogs with floppy ear syndrome can get the skin in their ear so dry that it becomes work for them to keep their ears up when they shake their head. Regularly good Dog grooming near me out your dog’s ears to prevent irritation and infection.
5) Clip nails short if you want your dog to live as long as possible! Too-long nails make it harder for them to pull themselves up! If your dog’s nail length is too long, you can clip them to the quick, hard layer of the nail underneath. This prevents the nail from growing back too quickly.
6) Keep their fur trimmed. If you have a Schnauzer or a Schnoodle, you know that long hair can quickly become matted and tangled. It would be best if you brushed your dog every few days, but sometimes clipping the fur short can help the matting go away much quicker.
7) Clean their ears regularly if they have floppy ear syndrome. Ear infections are prevalent in dogs with floppy ears, so make sure you clean the wax as often as possible to help them stay healthy and clean!
8) If your dog has dry skin or any other skin issues, consider using coconut oil to rub it into his coat weekly or biweekly. Coconut oil helps to condition the skin and moisturizes it, so it’s beneficial for dogs with dry skin. You can also use coconut oil as a bath on your dog or massage it into their fur before you brush them out.
9) Using an insecticidal tablet is a great way to keep fleas and other pests away from your pet. It will help prevent mosquitoes and some kinds of lice from hatching in your dog since flea larvae don’t live very well on animals with higher levels of lauric acid in their coat.
If your dog has common grooming issues, be sure to get them taken care of. When taking care of your dog, remember to clip their nails and ears, brush them out and keep them clean.